Monday, December 28, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
- Here we are, three days before Christmas, and I have accomplished a lot, but yet there is so much left to do. Gifts still need wrapped, which means I will probably pull my usual all-nighter on Christmas Eve, and a couple gifts that still need to be purchased.
- We had a Family Meeting last night to discuss our plans for Christmas. We are so blessed to have family very close to us on both sides so the Holidays are always a schedule juggle. Jacob, who is still holding on to the magic of Christmas with his heart even though I think his brain is telling him otherwise, really wants to wake up here, at home, on Christmas morning. We usually juggle Christmas by spending the 24th with my family, spending the night of Christmas Eve at Kevin's parents house, and then waking up Christmas morning with Kevin's family. This all meant that Santa had to come to our house on the night of the 23rd and we would open his gifts Christmas Eve morning. This worked out fine in years past, but this year Jacob is not buying it. So we will be staying home and waiting for Santa to come on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning I am sure will be a mad rush of excitement with opening gifts then quickly getting dressed and ready to drive to Warden for the day, then Moses Lake for the evening, but I am sure that great memories will be made.
- My original plan to spread Christmas cheer with the gift of homemade tamales was a bust. My mom and I could not workout a schedule where we were both home, ALL DAY, on a Saturday to make our yummy gifts. We were both feeling bad that this was not able to be done, so we are hoping that maybe we can get them done as New Years gifts. Until then, we hope some of you will enjoy our treats that we whipped up quickly for you. Merry Christmas!
- I am enjoying having my kids home for break. We spent all day yesterday playing LOTERIA, Mexican Bingo, and we had so much fun. Kelsie is the bingo queen!! She won so many times and she LOVES yelling BINGO when she does win. Lots of giggles and playful bickering and great memories were created on day one - Now on to day two!!
- Ashley is also home from college for break. She is currently asleep on my couch, such is the life of a college student, and I am using her laptop. My whole family is literally HOME for the holidays. My parents and Ashley are patiently waiting for their NEW HOME to be built. It'll be about 90 days, and their new home will be ready for them. They are very excited to pick out all of the fun stuff that comes with building a new home, like carpet and paint and appliances. Jacob's favorite things about this are 1) He'll have his room back and 2) My parents house is being built right around the corner from his two friends CARSON and TYLER. He thinks this is the coolest thing ever.
- Christmas Sunday at church was perfect. All the right words were spoken and the right feelings were present. I was surrounded by sisters who I love and the ones who were not actually in the building, I could feel because of their amazing strength and awesome examples that they are to me. Thank you all.
Story told by AOlson at 9:27 AM
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
I really wanted to take her to a friend of mine who is a FABULOUS hairstylist, but Kayla had told Kelsie about Monkee Dooz and Kelsie's mind and heart were made up. She was very excited to go there. On the drive there she says to me, "Can we go there later, not right now?" I told her we had to go now because we had an appointment. I could tell she was nervous. This is a picture of Kelsie waiting for her turn. She was happy and smiley. That all changed VERY QUICKLY.
They asked her what kind of shampoo she wanted. Chocolate, Raspberry, Orange, Blueberry, Coconut, Bubblegum, WOW! No response from Kelsie. She would not speak. She would only shake her head yes or no at me. She chose Raspberry.
She was happy when that was over, but still no smiles or any reactions at all. Stiff and still.
This was the first snip, getting rid of her baby hair. ((TEAR))
I asked for a little bit of layers to give her a little bit of volume.
Story told by AOlson at 8:58 AM
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
While going from store to store, I encountered TONS of really nice and friendly people out there. In fact, I don't think anyone was rude or unfriendly at all. This really shocked me because I can usually count on coming home with some story about how rude or impolite someone was to me or someone else while I was in town, not this year, so far.
Lovin' the weather. Yeah, it's been frigid, but it's winter, it's suppose to be cold. We are very happy about the tiny bit of snow we have so far and hope to get lots more. Call me crazy, but I am looking forward to the kids being out of school next week and hope to get some good play time in the snow in.
All in all, this winter ROCKS so far!!
Story told by AOlson at 8:24 AM
Friday, December 11, 2009
Story told by AOlson at 5:30 PM
Thursday, December 3, 2009
- Christmas music playing 24/7 in the house and car. There is no way you can feel anything but happy when you have Christmas music playing. Love it!
- Frosty, cold weather that makes you break out the gloves, hats and scarves. I even had to scrape my windshield before taking Kayla to school this morning - and I enjoyed it!!
- Singing Christmas Hymns in church on Sunday. I can't sing, and I try not too sing too loud on any normal Sunday, but this month I will sing out loud, so I apologize in advance to any of you sitting within earshot of me.
- Kelsie woke up the morning after we decorated the house and saw me putting the tubs away and screamed in protest because she thought I was going to put everything away. I assured her I wasn't and she was okay. Every morning she runs into the front room to check on the tree.
- Whether it is politically correct or not, I will be wishing everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS.
- The SCENT of Christmas. Cinnamon, evergreens, peppermint. It also helps that I have all of my Scentsy warmers going and it smells oh so amazing in here!! If you need some, come visit me, I have a few on hand.
- Baking! Good thing I lost a little weight before now because I am pretty sure it's all coming back. My mom and I have decided to make tamales as a Christmas treat for ourselves and for those friends that we love.
- Basketball. Yes, I said basketball. I absolutely LOVE to watch a good college basketball game with my husband and it all starts in December. Last nights Zags victory over WSU had Kevin beaming!! We think WSU is great, as long as they are not playing against Gonzaga. Kevin is a die hard Zags fan and has been for years and years.
- We've scaled back on the gifts this year and we are very happy about it. The kids are on board with our plans for service and giving and we have been feeling that little something extra in our hearts.
- I am going to try and be more Christlike. Be forgiving and patient. For me, this is a challenge, after all I am still human and a very stubborn one. I am trying to love those who offend me and try not to let other people bring me down. I choose to love and be happy.
I hope you feel that same thing in the air that I do. It fills up my heart and makes me smile.
Story told by AOlson at 9:20 AM