Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Not Forgotten

I have been called out. Called out by my wonderful mother-in-law who made me realize that I have been neglecting something that I love to do. Something that I sometimes ponder on all day so I can make it just right. I am talking about my blog. Have you noticed? It's been a really long time since I have made the time to sit and tell our daily stories. I didn't think many would miss it, but I am happy to see that a few of you have been wondering just what we are doing over here. There have been lots of events flying by, just no time to blog about it. I am going to try and make the effort to get back into a routine of blogging because I like it and it makes me happy and because I want my mother-in-law to be happy, too. Here goes me playing catch up. This may not be in chronological order, but it works.

Jacob turned 9 in August and this was my attempt at making a cake using fondant. Thanks to the instruction and guidance of her and her, I was able to come up with this. Not too bad for my first time, I think, and Jacob loved it so it was well worth the effort.



Also in August, Jacob and Kayla started school. Different schools this year. Luckily they are both very happy and everything has been very smooth in making the transition to a new school and the schedules work out well for all of us. Kayla started 1st Grade and Jacob started 3rd grade. Here are a few pictures of their first day of school.




Kelsie was not to be left out of the photo opps.!!





Jacob get to ride the bus to his school this year. He was both excited and nervous about this on the first day.



Kayla quickly found her "gang" from last year and was happy and at ease.



So much more to blog about, no more time for now. I will return tomorrow (hopefully) with the next episode in my attempt to catch up on my blogging.

6 Thoughts:

ab5cgang said...

Welcome back Amy. Love your mother in law also. You did a great job on the cake. They kids look great.

Amy J said...

For the record, I missed you too. :)

PRP said...

Glad to have you back!

Kris said...

Yeah, I noticed that you weren't posting too. Love the school pictures and that cake is awesome. Great job. Hope you get a chance to post again soon!

Cox Family News said...

It was a joy to read your blog and see the pictures. I'm sure Grandma Cox was happy too. Its the hi lite of her day. Thanks for taking time I know you are so busy!
Love, Lorrie

tharker said...

I've been checking to see when you were going to post again. Glad you're back at it! I've missed ya!

The baseball cake looks so fantastic! I'm sure Jacob loved it.

Love those sweet kids of yours!