Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Saturdays' Storm

I hope you all enjoyed the fabulous Tri-Cities weekend, although, the weatherperson was wrong, AGAIN!! What did you all think of that crazy little storm that came in out of know where? Crazy!! This is our story of what happened to us in the storm.

Kevin is a big outdoorsman. Loves everything outdoors. Camping, hunting, fishing, and playing on the water. About two or three years ago we purchased a really cool jetski and since then we spend as much time as possible riding it. We always have so much fun. This weekend was no exception. We drove over to Howard Amon, jetski in tow, to play and have some fun on the really nice, although a little but overcast, Saturday. The kids were itching to go to the wading pool so we did that for about half an hour, then the playground for about half an hour, then we decided lets unload the jetski. Still really nice weather. Kevin unloaded the jetski and the kids and I found a nice little spot to lay out our blankets and relax. We watched Kevin "play" on the jetski for a while, then Jacob wanted to ride so Kevin takes him out, then Kayla, and last but not least Kelsie. Yes, I said Kelsie. Take a look.



She loved it! It was her first time ever on the jetski and she couldn't get enough. She kept saying, "Moe daddy moe." I think she may be an adrenaline junkie like her dad. I am way more timid with speed and danger. Anyway, still the weather was okay.

Then it was my turn. I got on the jetski and looked up at the sky and it looked like maybe we may get a little rain but the clouds looked like they were far enough away, so off I went. I just like to cruise the river no faster than 20 mph. It was nice. I was headed toward the hotels and it was very quiet on the river. Just me cruisin'. Then seriously out of nowhere there was a huge bolt of lightning right above the hotel. I was loke, whoa, okay, time to go in. I turn around and immeditaely I hear and feel a loud BOOM!! Thunder. Kinda scared me. I start heading back and the water got really rough, I look toward the shore and there was like a wind storm, lots of dust everywhere and as far away as I was, I could tell the kids were not very amused by the out-of-nowhere storm. I drive as fast as I could without freaking out and then it started to rain, REALLY HARD. I was getting drenched. This all happend so fast, in a matter of seconds it seemed like. I get back to the shore, jump off the jetski and sure enough Kayla is freaking out. Jacob is trying to stay calm and Kelsie is crying becuase everyone got so chaotic all of a sudden. It's raining hard now and Kevin has to load the jetski on to the trailor. I grab the kids and all of our stuff and run to the truck, and it wasn't easy because they were in a panic. I kept telling them to calm down it was just a storm that would pass in a matter of minutes, it would be over soon. Then it started to hail. OH JOY! I litterally throw everything and everyone into the truck and start backing it down the launch so Kevin can load up the ski, Kevin has been in the water this whole time waiting for us, so he is beyond soaked. We hurriedly get loaded up and pull away so that others could load up their boats. we stop in the parking lot to take inventory . . . we all start laughing. It was so funny, NOW! We were all wet from the storm, and as we pulled away, the storm had moved on to Pasco, which is were we were headed.

It was a fun memory made!! Looking forward to many more!!

7 Thoughts:

::lindsay said...

That storm was crazy! Chloe and I were coming out of Walmart and got completely drenched in the 2 min. it took to get to the car.

I'm glad you had a fun and memorable day!

Kris said...

What a fun day using the jet ski on the river. I seriously would have been freaking out if I were alone on the river and I saw lightning and I was getting drenched. How scary. My biggest fear is drowning though. It sounds like it was fun. Have so much fun making more fun family memories on the river.

MadMadameMim said...

that is so crazy, could have been really scary. I'm so glad all was well and it is now a great memory.

Debie Spurgeon said...

That was a crazy storm wasn't it. I think I would have been really nervous too to get caught out in the water. Glad there are a few laughs now though. Kelsey is too cute. Soon she'll be driving that fun toy.

Unknown said...

We didnt get anything here in Moses - thats so funny that you all busted out laughing, I can picture you guys in my mind. So cute and definitely a time to remember!

Unknown said...

Oh, and thanks so much for your help. That makes me feel soo much better!

Terilyn said...

I am so glad that you were safe and soaked, I mean sound. Jeremy asked me if I heard the thunder, but I was kick boxing during the storm and just assumed that it was one of my awesome kicks placed correctly! Watch out "air challenger!"