Wednesday, November 19, 2008

End of the Week and Weekend Fun

I haven't been in the posting mood this week, but suddenly I have perked up and am giddy with excitment. This post will fill you in on what the Olson's are doing this end of week/weekend.

Tomorrow, my children will not be in school. In fact, we will not be in the Tri-Cities. We are not going far, but it is a trip we make every six months. Long story short, we choose to go to a children's dentist in Spokane that we absolutely LOVE! We have been making this trip since about 2005, I think. So every six months we make our way to Spokane for the dentist and then a fun family day. We always look forward to it. Tomorrow is no different. Jacob and Kayla have their cleanings and Kelsie also has her first visit with the dentist. Afterwards, we will be having lunch with some family and then doing a little bit of shopping. I am looking forward to visiting the Down East Basics store in the Valley Mall. I hope I can find something nice and inexpensive. We will hang out all day and visit with family in the evening before heading over to the Spokane Coliseum to watch Disney's High School Musical On Ice!! I am so excited!! The kids have no idea that we are going to go watch this show. I cannot wait until we pull up to the building and they realize what we are doing. It's going to be so fun:) This is our Thursday.

On Friday, I will be cleaning my house and doing odds and ends and running errands, nothing too exciting. Friday evening at about 5:30, we will be attending Jacob's Graduation Test night in Tae Kwon Do. He has the opportunity to become a Green Belt. He is SO excited. I will be posting about that next week with video, hopefully. A little later Friday night, oh say about sevenish, I will be anxiously waiting to watch TWILIGHT with the rest of the women in P-Town!! Sounds like a GREAT day to me!!

Saturday. I will be heading out of town at about noonish with my sister, Lisa, and my cousin, Cristina. We will be driving to Tacoma. Why you ask? WELL. . . at 8 pm, in the Tacoma Dome, we will be entertained by none other than the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!! Okay, let me have it. I know that you are all snickering and rolling your eyes right now, but we really are excited. I had the opportunity to see them three times in concert when I was fourteen and we thought it would be fun to do it again. I was a HUGE NKOTB geek as an early teenager. I was suppose to marry Jordan Knight. LOL!! Wow, I can't believe I just admitted that! We are meeting up with some more family at the concert. I really am looking forward to see what this concert will be like. No matter the outcome of the concert, a girls trip is always tons of fun!!

I am hoping that my husband and children will make it to church on Sunday without me here to keep them all in line. If the girls have funky hair on Sunday, please know that Kevin tries really hard to comb their hair. He does a good job, for a dad:)


We are in for a lot of fun starting tomorrow and I can't wait to get it started. Hopefully, I will have a lot to post about next week!! Have a great weekend!!

7 Thoughts:

MadMadameMim said...

That sounds like such a great weekend. Say hello to Spokane for me. I hope you enjoy Twilight, I'm not sure I'm going since for some reason I can't get a babysitter (all of them are going to the movie).
The one thing I don't get it given you 'Jam list' you have great taste in music now, but apparently it hasn't always been that way and this is something you want to celebrate? JK! I hope you have a great girls night out, it sounds like fun, even if I wouldn't pick that particular concert.

Amy said...

WOW! Your next few days sound BUSY! Have fun!!

ab5cgang said...

Amy you are so neat. Thats sounds like a lot of fun. I was reading my RS lesson tonight and it was on the joy of the journey. Live it up. Then let us all know how it went.

tharker said...

This sounds like such a great weekend!!!!

Find something cute at Downeast! Did you see thier new catalog? They've got some cute stuff right now.

I'm so not rolling my eyes. I think you'll have a great time at the concert! Go Donny!!

Kris said...

Sheesh, this sounds like the best weekend ever. A trip to Spokane, shopping, seeing HSM on ice, Twilight, a girls trip, and a concert. Sounds like a blast. I can't wait to hear all about it next week. Have a great time.

hatch said...

That sounds like a great weekend! I almost went to that same concert...with my girlfriends from highschool, but it did not work out. So have fun!

Jodi said...

Have a great weekend! Have lots of fun for all of us!