Sunday, February 1, 2009

Gettin' Down and Derby

This past Thursday was our Pinewood Derby. It was Jacob's first one and we were all very excited for him. Here are some before and after pictures.



Jacob and Kevin working on the car.



I know it looks like Kevin did all the work, but I promise, Jacob did some sanding:)





This is his "Magic Machine" car. As you can see, they also had to have a special case to carry it in. Both the boys were very excited about what they had made.




Here was the line up.


The race is on!!



Jacob and fellow scout, Easton, cheering on their cars!!!



I didn't get a picture of the end result, but Jacob ending up placing 3rd out of thirteen boys and it also got him a spot in the "District" Race at the end of March. Father and son had a great time and were very excited about the end result. Now, they are tweaking the car a bit to get ready for the big race.

11 Thoughts:

Jodie said...

Good job Jacob!

Amy said...

Fun! I'm so glad I have boys so they can do this when they get bigger! Jeremy and Sean and Addison will have so much fun!
Good job Jacob!

hatch said...

Good job Jacob, I really love the box for the car. I think this looks like so much fun. I am excited for Dylan to get to do this next year.

Heather said...

What is on TV in the first picture? That guy totally looks like Kevin!

Cox Family News said...

Congratulations Jacob! We are so proud of you. Grandpa Ed is beaming!
Love, Grandma Lorrie

Mishelle Noyes said...

Great Job Guys! Your car is awesome!! Your event looks much more entertaining than ours was! Good luck at districts! We should have a cox family derby1 That would be fun! Love ya! Miss ya!

AOlson said...

Mishelle, that is a GREAT idea!! A Cox family Derby!!! Awesome! Although, there may be tears and hurt feelings and severed reltionships, so maybe not such a good idea. Ha Ha.

PRP said...

I love pictures of fathers and son working together on something. Awesome.

Good job Jacob!

tharker said...

Kevin's car (I mean Jacob's ;) turned out awesome! I always have to giggle because the dad's get just as into it, if not more than the boys! Josh is totally looking forward to doing this next year!

Good luck to Jacob in next month's race!!

Jodi said...

I love your title Amy! I'm just so happy that when it comes to derby time - it's FATHER/SON time - Mom can relax (for once). ;)

Kris said...

Yeah, this is just so cool that he did so good with his car and his races. I bet it was the best night of his life. Love all the pictures.