Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What's goin' on with us

I haven't had time to post in a long time, so it feels to me. I started to wonder, "What have we been doing?" So I thought I'd do a little recap of what each of us has been up to.

KELSIE
Kelsie is so great. I think she was sent to our family to remind us to stop an laugh and be silly once in a while. She makes these funny expressions with her face when she talks, it's so cute! She is so animated! She loves to dance on her toes. After Sacrament on Sunday Amy M. was playing the organ as we were exiting the chapel and Kelsie was doing her ballet dancing. It was so cute. She is also my little "watch dog". When the older kids are at school she will sometimes sit and look out the front window and report everything she sees. The color of the cars driving by, people walking by and my favorite, "Mommy PS is here PS here. It's you Scentsys! Open it Open it!!" She LOVES to help me sort out my orders.


KAYLA
Kayla amazes me. She is doing so well in her Dual Language class. I was so afraid that I was not making a good choice in putting her in something other than a regular Kindergarten class, but all her success has defiantly let me know that I made the right choice. This girl can read in English and Spanish. It blows me away. She can spell in both languages, too. Sometimes I try an be sneaky and have a conversation in Spanish with Kevin (I will speak in Spanish and he understands what I say, but usually responds to me in English) and Kayla will translate word for word to Jacob what I said. She thinks it's so funny. She is also still doing gymnastics and is doing very well at that. She is hoping that I will let her join the TOPS team that they offer, but we will have to see if we can fit that in our already crammed schedule. She tried out for it and made the team but I was not ready for her to be so committed to something at such a young age so we opted out until maybe Fall, we will see. She also starts T-Ball in two weeks and is looking forward to that. She has also been taking singing classes with Miss Brook and LOVES it! She always reminds me when it's time to go and is looking forward to her Spring Recital. She has been practicing very hard for this.


JACOB
This boy is busy! He is always up and going on his own in the morning. Gets dressed, has breakfast, makes his bed, brushes his teeth, all on his own without being told. He is so great to have around. He is doing very well in school and is consumed by playing four-square at recess. He "practices" at home all the time. He is too competitive for his own good. He always thinks he has to win. He does Tae-Kwon-Do three times a week and will be testing for his purple belt in April. He really enjoys TKD. There are nine belt levels and he is on his fourth belt right now and testing for his fifth belt next month. He loves doing Scouts and as is looking forward to the District Pinewood Derby at the end of the month. Basketball season just finished up and he had so much fun doing that. He loves to watch Gonzaga play on TV with his dad, it's so funny to hear their conversations. Tomorrow night he has baseball tryouts. He is so excited for this. He is happy about the fact that now the kids get to pitch the ball, no more coaches or machines. Once baseball season starts, I might as well just park an RV at the field and just live there through the season. He LOVES to tell jokes. Usually he is the only one laughing then we start laughing because he is cracking himself up.


KEVIN
My amazing husband. he works so hard all day long and comes home and keeps working. He has almost finished our projects in Jacob's room. I can't wait to post those pictures. He built a cool shelf around the top of his room and is making some awesome bookshelves for Jacob's "library". The girls told him that their room is next, stand in line girls. Mom still has a few other projects for our handy man! He enjoyed coaching Jacob through basketball season and is all geared up for baseball. They have spent a few night at the batting cages getting ready. Kevin NEVER misses a Thursday night episode of The Office. This is what he waits all day for. Right now he is debating on weather he should go to Portland on Thursday to go watch the Zags play in game one of the NCAA Tournament with some friends from work. We had such a great time in Spokane when we went and watched them play in February. Kevin loves to play Saturday Morning Football with some of the men from our ward. It reminds him how young he is NOT anymore. In fact tomorrow is Kevin's 32 birthday!

(This is a picture of him jumping up and down and waving his white towel and chanting to the "ZombieNation" song at the Zags game in February)

AMY
I spend my day crossing off a list I prepare in the morning. Mostly driving kids from this activity to that. The daily chores of a stay-at-home mom, which I am so thankful to be. I love my Activity Days calling every other Wednesday. These girls are so fun. I get to teach RS once a month and I love that. I have learned so much since having this calling. I have also been keeping myself busy with me Scentsy business. I went to a mini-convention this past weekend in Boise with some other consultants and had so much fun. I love doing the parties for different people and sorting the orders when PS arrives. I love delivering the product. I feel like Santa Claus and people are always happy to see me. My Scentsy has created quite the mess in my front room. I knew this would happen. I keep asking my handy husband when he is going to build me a bigger house with my own office. His answer is aways, "Soon." Patience is a virtue, right? Until then, don't be surprised if my front room is less than tidy when you come over. I have also spent LOTS of time helping my sister, Ashley, apply to colleges and fill out scholarship apps. She has decided to go to WSU in the fall and is going out for the cheer squad in April. I will be making the trip to Pullman with her for moral support and also because I am a cheerleading nerd! We haev been attending all of her SHS dance competitions and they are going to compete at State Dance at the end of March in yakima.


So that is us. This is what we have been doing lately.

10 Thoughts:

::lindsay said...

Wow! You have been crazy busy! It sounds like you've been up to fun stuff though. Hang in there!

Mishelle Noyes said...

You are such an amazing woman!! You have more motivation in your whole body than i do in my pinky toe! Love ya! And tell Kev happy birthday!

PRP said...

Your life sounds just like mine! Busy, busy, busy! Glad to know what you're up to.

Kate said...

busy busy busy!!
You have such an amazing family, I love hearing how you are all doing :)

Heather said...

Um, crazy busy. Chocolate won out, wanna come join me for moral support on NOT eating it all.

AOlson said...

Oooo Heather, that's almost a challenge. If you promise not to give in to peer pressure and stay sober of chocolate with me, I will be there.

Jodie said...

Wow! That is all I can say. Wow! I hope that I am half the mother and wife that you are as my kids grow up and get involved in activities. And please tell Kevin Happy Birthday!

Kris said...

Lots of fun things going on. I put Sydnee on YMCA T-Ball again this year. Is that where you put Kayla?? How cool if they were on the same team again. One of my favorite callings is teaching RS. I love it and I learn so much. How fun for you to be helping your sister so much with colleges. What an exciting time.

tharker said...

I'm so glad you did this little update. I love to hear what your family is up to. Of course, I could just be a good neighbor and walk around THE BLOCK to your house and find out in person ;) I need to be better about that.

Love your sweet little family!

I am crossing my fingers for Ashley!!!

Amy said...

What a great update! I'm so flattered that you mentioned my organ playing! Kelsie is so cute! I've been doing the music in nursery the last 2 weeks and she loves it!
I loved your relief society lesson today! and I love that you brought a pompom and kept using it. That was awesome!
Glad to hear you are doing well!

Happy Birthday Kevin!

p.s. So one of his projects is going to be getting that saxophone down out of your attic, right? ;)