Monday, July 6, 2009

I Think I am Learning

I have officially begun my days as a couponer. I have to say it is really fun. I still have a lot to learn, but I think I am doing okay. It is so exciting when you see your shopping cart so full and the amount of money you spend is so little. I often walk over to my pantry and just stare at all of the stuff I have been able to stock up on since I started this venture last week. I am doing pretty good. I get a wide grin from ear to ear when I pay my bill, I feel like I am stealing. I can't believe I went for so long paying full price for everyday items. Never again will I pay full price for something. My goal is to get as many things as I can for FREE. Some of the rules are tricky, but I think I am doing well. Are you proud of me Amber?
Here's what I got today. I have always wanted to post a picture like this, now I can!!

I purchased all of this at Albertsons. I never used to shop there before last week, that's the honest truth. I think I will make a trip there once a week now. How much do you think all of this cost me? The total of the bill without coupons and my preferred savings card was $65.77. I paid - drum roll please - $21.32 for all 19 items!!! I saved $39.18!! That means I paid $1.12 per item!!! Can you believe it!! I was EXTREMELY happy!!! I probably made a few mistakes and maybe could have gotten all of this for cheaper, but I am very happy with what I have done so far. It has become very addicting, even my kids are into it. When we were at the store Kayla found a coupon on the floor and picked it up and ran it to me excitedly. "Look mom, a coupon!!!" It was so funny. Jacob loves watching me hand over the stack of coupons and the price goes lower and lower.

So this is my new obsession. Kevin is happy to say the least. Thank you Amber for convincing me to try it and Thank you Lindsay, Amy M., and Nicole B. for all of the tips and pointers. I am off to Rite-Aid now for some FREE toothpaste and an $8 Venus razor for $.99!!!

10 Thoughts:

meand4boyz said...

I am GRINNING from ear to ear!!! Yay, Yay, Yay, Yay!!! Now you know what I mean about NEVER paying full price for anything again. FREE toothpaste, AWESOME! I have to admit I have been out of the game for about 4 weeks now. I need to get motivated again. While I was up there Trent put shelves in under the stairs where he made the storage closet for food. It looks great and has stuff in it, but I need to get more in there. I love the good razors for $.99, I used to pay the $8!!! Oh, I could go on and on about how happy I am for you!

meand4boyz said...

One more thing, I am hearing buzz that Walgreens is ending their Register Rewards program in September so before you get too comfortable with it wanted to let you know. Might be better to learn about Rite Aid rebates and CVS bucks instead of learning the whole Walgreens system just to have it end.

hatch said...

Awesome!!! Are you ready to teach me now?

The Cole Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cole Family said...

Amy,
I had to laugh when I saw your coupon news, because we caught the bug a while ago as well. It is so addicting to see how much money you can save. We will never pay full price for anything. The best website that we use is pinchingyourpennies.com these ladies are based in utah but I am sure your albies does similar sales it is free. On the homepage go the link for state forums and than under Utah you will see tons of comments and the weekly shopping list. Another website is refundcents.com this one is good for walgreens deals, but it does cost a little. The big craz our way is albies started doing double coupon days and that is where the real fun is at.Good luck and Food storage here we come..

Kris said...

You are doing so great. Getting free toothpaste and a new Venus Razor for only $.99 is what I need to do. I have buying that stuff for full price. I have more questions that I will be asking you tomorrow! :)

tharker said...

I really need to get going on this. Just seeing all that stuff is making ME grin from ear to ear, and I didn't even buy it!

Going Family said...

Great Job, Amy!

Shellie said...

Way to go. I love how excited you are about it. It does feel good to save money though and you are teaching your kids a lot!

Amy said...

Good job Amy! I am so proud!
I never got over to Rite Aid to get my razor. Here's hoping another deal will come along soon!