Monday, August 10, 2009

NINE Years Ago Today

Nine Years Ago Today . . .

I stared into the eyes of an angel for the first time.

Understood, a little better, the point of my existence.

Felt complete, to that particular time.

My heart was in my arms.

I experienced feelings and emotions I never thought possible.

We became a family.

I became a mother for the first time.

The one I had been praying for had finally arrived.

I fell in love with my husband all over again in a completely new way when I saw him holding our son, and I saw the look in his eyes.

I thought life could not possibly get any better than that moment.


Jacob - 6 months old.



Jacob today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!
Jacob is . . .
A great big brother
An amazing athlete
Very bright
Loves Math & Science
a Wii Pro-Bowler
LOVES the Seattle Mariners & baseball in general
very tender with his two sisters, most of the time
Collects cards like: Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Bakugan & Chaotic
Eats like a horse!
Doesn't like sweets too much
Dashing, according to his best-friend Carson
A great Cub Scout. He loves everything scouting.
Faithful
A Purple belt in Tae-Kwon-Do
Cried the last day of school because he would miss his teacher and friends
Likes Rock-n-Roll music
wants to race demolition derby cars when he is 16
wants to have a project truck to work on with his dad
needs his momma when he doesn't feel good
My baby, still

8 Thoughts:

Chad and Jaycie said...

Amy, you can tell he's such a sweet kid! Good kids come from good parenting. Happy Birthday Jacob!

PRP said...

I totally agree with Carson...

Happy Birthday! We should really get Spence and Jacob together so they can bask in their Mariner love!

Cox Family News said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!
Love,
Grandma & Grandpa Olson

Jodie said...

Happy birthday Jacob!

::lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Jacob! Seriously, he is such an awesome kid. I'm so glad that he's friends with Carson--they make a good team and I love Jacob's positive influence on him!

meand4boyz said...

I remember that baby picture!! I probably still have it somewhere. Can't believe it's been that long since you brought that new baby boy to my wedding reception!

tharker said...

I just love Jacob. I hope he had a great birthday!

Amy said...

So sweet Amy! Happy 9 years of motherhood!