Monday, August 3, 2009

On the Coupon Wagon

Today ws a great coupon day for me. I have only been couponing for about a month now and let me tell you, I AM HOOKED. I can't believe that amount of money I am saving (and the amount of money that I used to waste) just by taking some time to sit and clip coupons and be a smart shopper. I just had to post a picture of my buys. Now I know that there are a few of you out there that did the same thing and did WAY better than I did. I still have a few tricks to learn from you all I think, but I still wanted to share. Those of you who were a bit more successful than I was will have to tell me how you did it.

This is what I got: 3 boxes hamburger helper, 3 boxes tuna helper, 6 Ragu sauces, 3 Bertolli alfredo sauces, 5 boxes pop tarts, 2 Progresso Light soups, 5 Knorr rice sides, 6 boxes of cereal, 4 boxes Bisquick mix, 4 boxes Betty Crocker brownie mix, 2 packages Klondike ice cream bars, 2 Pringles cans, 2 Wish Bone dressings, 3 boxes Fiber One bars, 2 boxes Quaker instant oatmeal, 2 Chex Mix snacks, & 2 jars Best Foods Light mayo. All of these items together would cost $190.29 at Albertson's. I paid $44.88!!

Not too bad, I think. Like I said I know others were able to get better buys, but I was really happy with what I did get. My pantry is full and so will our bellies be!!



9 Thoughts:

Menifee Thrifty Mom's Club said...

Don't sell yourself short by thinking we did better, you did AWESOME!! (You can't really compare either because our ads are different from week to week so some weeks we will do better than others.) It's SO exciting for me to tell someone about this and to have them REALLY do it!! Do you know how many people's eyes glaze over when I start talking about couponing? It's so fun to have you and my friend Shannon really on board. I just got off the phone with her, she just moved into "a thrifty mom's" ward and she was calling to brag that they went shopping together at Albertsons. Lucky girl, thrifty mom is the queen of all couponers.
Great job today!! I am just oozing with joy over you getting into this and understanding it.

Drew and Jennie said...

Okay so you got me hooked. This sunday I finally bought a newspaper and decided to look at the coupons. Man there are some great deals and so I am going to try to save some money. I hope I can do as well as you. Also is there any tricks that I should know before I seek out on my money saving adventure?

AOlson said...

Hey Jennie!! Great to see you on here. Go to my June posts under the title Teach me to Coupon and check out the comments that were left. All of these tips is how I got started. I am still learning. My favorite site to check out is krazycouponlady.blogspot.com this is where I go for most of my tips and questions. It' so fun adn and adicting. My friend Amber from CA got me started and I am forever grateful to her. She is the one who left the comment right before you.

ab5cgang said...

Amy I think that is great. I totally need to learn. Went to walmart tonight and tried to use coupons and the lady forgot to put them in. :(

Menifee Thrifty Mom's Club said...

Did you guys get the Kelloggs full page coupon spread in your Red Plum yesterday with the poptart, nutri grain bar, etc? I am hearing most people did not. I used a lot on that page today. When I went to get papers one of my locals did not have it so I spent a little more on LA times for it. If you didn't get that then you were missing out on a few, but that's ok, things have a way of even-ing out in this game.

Amy said...

Good job, Amy! I'm so proud of you!

Cox Family News said...

Wow Amy, I'm so impressed! I think the things that are happening in the world aren't making us worse, they are making us smarter and resourceful. (I tried on of those Knorr rice side dishes last night for the first time and it was delicious.) Thanks for sharing your shopping tactics with us.
Lorrie

Going Family said...

Great Job, Amy! Sounds like you're a pro already!

tharker said...

Great job Amy! Those Peanut Butter Brownies look yummy ;)