Thursday, February 3, 2011

Randoms

I told myself that this year I would do better at keeping up my blog.  Well, that didn't work.  But here I sit reading your blogs so I thought, let's throw down some thoughts for you to read, if you are still reading.

**     I drive down Pamplona EVERYDAY.  We have been given an April 8 move in date.  I am beyond excited and everyone tells me, "It'll go by SO fast."  Thing is I'm impatient.  Not a patient bone in my body.  I want it NOW!!  Driving by the progress everyday just makes it worse.  They have it all framed up now and the roof is going on tomorrow.  Windows and siding on Tuesday.  SO close yet SO far away.  We took the framers some pizza today to warm up their cold, hugary bones and also because I am NOT above bribery.  They really appreciated it, hopefully enough to get a move on my house faster than the one next door;)

**     We joined the gym this month.  As a family we made a resolution to be a healthier more active family.  So far so good.  I try to make it there at least 4-5 times a week.  The kids love climbing the rock wall and Kevin and Jacob enjoy playing basketball together.  I feel healthier on the inside, I just wish it would reflect faster on the outside and on the scale.  Remember I am not patient, I want results now not a month from now.  We've even been eating healthier.  Jacob has even started measuring out his snacks.  Instead of sitting at the table with a whole bag of chex mix, he'll measure out the 1/2 cup suggested serving, finish that off and be done.  It's been hard for me not to snack.  I LOVE snacking.  I also love baking and cooking.  I haven't been doing much of either on of those lately because I will eat it all.  For the rest of my life I will have to watch every item I put into my mouth and have a "healthy diet" unless I want to be 5'1" and 250 lbs.  Not a pretty mental image.

**     We are very excited about the Stake boundaries changes that were made this last week.  I can 't believe how much this stake has grown since we moved to Pasco in April of 2003.  The new house is being built in 1st Wards boundaries so that is were we will be attending, and we couldn't be happier.  There are so many amazing families in this ward.  Not to mention, some of my bestest friends ever will be in our ward, too.  Honestly, all of the new boundaries are pretty sweet and there are some amazing wards.  No matter where you go, the Church is true and the people ROCK! It'll be nice to feel like we belong to a ward family again and receive some new callings that'll test and try us and help us grow.  Did I really just say that? 

**     Jacob.  He's a funny boy.  At Christmas time he received and Axe body kit.  At first he was like, what is this?  I didn't ask for this?!  Then he used it the first time.  Deodorant, body wash, shampoo and body spray.  Both of my sisters were like. "Wow Jake.  You smell so nice!"  I think the bells went off in his head.  Every morning we are knocked over with the scent of Axe coming from the bathroom.  It's so funny to me because he is still me baby boy.  At least he doesn't stink like b.o.  He's playing basketball right now and I think he is going through a stage where he is still trying to get comfortable in his own skin.  It's so funny to watch him run.  He's not very quick, but he tries to be.  He runs flat footed so you can here him coming down the court.  He is looking forward to baseball season for sure.  He is also doing D.I. (Destination Imagination) again.  This year I am not one of the team mom's so I feel less stress because I am not in charge but also a little anxious because I know how things are suppose to go and how the process works and it's hard for me not to put in my 2 cents about how far along I think they should be at this point.  Last year they got 1st at regionals and 3rd at state, we shall see how things turn out this year.

**     Kayla.  My toothless little gymnast.  She has pulled out three teeth in the past 6 months.  Unfortunately, they haven't grown in yet.  She loves gymnastics to no end.  I have tried on many occasion to get her to try ballet or dance but she refuses.  Earlier this month she finally learned how to do a back-hand spring all on her own.  She was so excited.  I could tell by the look on her face that she was thrilled and terrified at the same time.  She also is playing basketball.  Last year she wanted to play SO bad and wasn't old enough.  So this year when sign-ups came around she said that indeed she did want to play.  Kayla is a very coachable girl.  If her coaches or instructors tell her to do something, by golly she tried her best to do what they ask.  I don't know if basketball will be her thing though.  She's way too nice.  I keep trying to tell her to be scrappy and aggressive but it's just not in her nature.  If she ever gets the ball at the same time as another girl, she'll gladly let go and hand it over to the other girl.  I ask her if she wanted to play fast pitch this year and I was shocked when she said she wasn't sure.  WHAT?  I always envisioned her playing softball.  I have always played softball.  I LOVE softball.  Hopefully she will decide to try it again this year but if not, it'll be okay.  At least I can look forward to playing on a team, myself, in the summer.

**     Kelsie, Kelsie, Kelsie.  Where to begin.  This girl keeps us on our toes.  She is a sponge and absorbs every funny joke or song she hears.  She loves to sing.  She loves to dance.  I LOVE watching her sing and dance to the song Tik Tok when she plays Just Dance 2 on the Wii.  That girls' got skill!!  She gets it from me.  She can shake that little booty like nobodies business.  She also is our self-proclaimed artist.  She loves to paint and draw and color and does a really good job for a 4 year old.  I can't tell you enough how much she absolutely LOVED preschool.  Her teachers are so AMAZING.  I can't express enough how much I appreciate them and all that Kelsie has learned from them.  She is always walking around the house singing, "You're a Grand Old Flag".  Who does that?  My chipmunk does.  Speaking of chipmunks, that is her favorite movie.  Alvin & the Chipmunks.  She can watch it 24/7.  She knows all of the songs and lines.  She says that she is Theodore which is hilarious because she is a skinny little bean pole.  She also says that Jacob is Simon and Kayla is Alvin. 

**  Kevin.  I have to brag a little here because he is too modest and won't do it himself.  Earlier this month, Kevin went to a dinner in Seattle for work where he was presented with the "Top Gun Sales" award for he region.  He sold over $1 million dollars of product all on his own.  I am so proud of him.  This is huge for those of you who knew Kevin as a child.  Kevin was the shy quiet one who never brought attention to himself.  Never in a million years did anyone think that he would end up a salesman that had to schmooze with contractors and make big time sales.  He started out in the door shop sanding doors about 14 years ago and worked his way up the ladder.  Way to go flaco!!  Kevins' love of sports has been well fed this month.  We were able to go watch WSU take on UW in mens basketball.  That was such a rush.  Being in Beasley coliseum as the Cougs smoked the huskies was so thrilling!!  Not to mention we were able to watch Ashley cheer and she was in a Sports Center highlights reel and the students stormed the court after the win.  So cool! Kevin will never miss a good basketball game on television.  Lucky him, I don't mind one bit.  We love to sit on the couch with our game snacks and watch a good game of hoops, or baseball, or football, whatever!  We love sports- both watching and playing.

**  Me.  Besides my goal to get fit and be healthy this year, I have decided to take on one more new adventure.  School.  I am going back to school in the fall.  I'll be taking on-line courses and finishing up my degree and trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  I am looking forward to finishing.    Our computer crashed earlier this month and it was such a nightmare.  I missed my computer so much!!  Luckily, they computer gods were able to recover about 90% of my pictures!!  Yay!!

Whew!! Once I got started I just couldn't stop!

4 Thoughts:

::lindsay said...

Loved reading about your family! Much of what you wrote about Jacob totally applied to Carson as well. How funny. I'm so glad you guys moved into our ward. Yea! I'm excited for you guys to be in your house and settled. So awesome about Kevin's award and yea for you guys in your quest to be healthier. And that's awesome you are going back to school. You'll do terrific!

PRP said...

April 8th is my birthday so that is going to be one fantastic day all around! Can't wait for you guys to get settled. We're so excited to have you as neighbors.

tharker said...

I am so excited about your new house!! I can't wait to see it all come together!

I love your sweet family so much, Amy. You and Kevin are some of the best parents I know and it shows in your sweet children. Loved this update!

momma buck said...

Sounds like things are going great! But I will tell you to get that patience or you will keep getting tested. I still am being tested and failing miserably! Now Ive noticed when Im impatient my left eye drips. Took me a long time to figure that one out. Tell Kevin Congrats! so proud of him!