Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts

**  Kevin is delivering the doors to our new house as we speak!!  Hooray!!  Doors and windows will be installed by the end of the day and framing will be all done!!  Next up exterior siding and electrical!!

**  BodyFlow this morning was intense.  Who said Yoga was for sissy's?  SO not true.  I did back to back BodyJam and Zumba classes last night so that may be why I was feeling more stiff than usual this morning, but I was feeling excellent when class was over this morning.  The scale only reflects  a pound or two but I feel stronger and more flexible.  Yay me!!

**  We laid down the law.  Last night for our FHE we had a kind of Family Meeting.  I have been feeling our of sync and out of control ever since we sold our house back in June.  We now have a place in a ward family again witch feels amazing but in our own home things are still out of whack.  Bedtimes have been lazed as has homework time, chores, scripture reading, EVERYTHING!!  It's just so hard with the limited amount of space we have and the lack of individual space for the kids.  Or maybe I'm just making excuses.  Jacob is the King of leaving his homework for the last minute and Kayla HATES doing for reading at nights.  We honestly haven't really pushed or encouraged them much I think because even we have felt unmotivated.  That all changed last night.  We reinstated some old rules that had not been followed and added a few new ones, such as going back to our allotted homework times and bedtimes and chores lists.  Hopefully we can keep it up and not drop the ball.  I can honestly say the television has not been turned on since after the Superbowl on Sunday. 

**  Kelsie told me after school today that she didn't like it when I called her baby.  I always address her as my baby in some form.  She is my baby.  Tough noogies Kelsie.  I will still call you my baby, just maybe to myself and not directly to you.

**  I'm getting our rental ready for showing because my friend/landlord is trying to sell it and is having an open house on Sunday.  If you know of anyone interested in a great starter home for a young couple or a cozy cottage for the young at heart send them this way.

**  I should probably get started on our taxes.  Bleh!

**  I am planning a baby shower for my sister Lisa who is due at the end of April with her first baby, and it's a girl.  It's not till mid March but am feeling a little nervous about pulling it off.  The guest list number is 160. Yikes!!  Wish me luck.

**  Also feeling nervous about the upcoming Candy Bar Bingo Night I am planning for Kayla's school at the beginning of March.  I've never planned an event like this before.  What was I thinking.  What if people hate it?  What if it flops?  What if no one shows up?  How many should I plan for?  Just breathe . . . . .

**  Is it Friday yet?

3 Thoughts:

PRP said...

My Tuesday Thoughts:

-You could stop calling Kelsie baby by having another baby :)

-The shower will go swimmingly, not to worry

-Bingo night will be fantastic--my kids are already talking about it!

Heather said...

Kaden is so excited for Bingo night... please tell me the date. I haven't seen that info come home yet.

Hooray for doors! The shower will be awesome, and hooray for laying down the law. Hope it helps you feel less crazy.... otherwise you'll be in trouble in April! :)

terramisu said...

Good for you to get the kiddos back on schedule! Can you come over and do the same with my kids?-lol.

Let me know if you need any help with the bingo night. It sounds like fun!