Sunday, March 16, 2008



So as you may know I had the opportunity to attend the National All-Star Cheer leading Competition in Orlando, FL earlier this month. It was amazing!!! I had the time of my life and it was a definite dream come true. This little collage that I put together are some of the highlights of my sisters 2008 year. Her team did GREAT! There were 26 teams in her division. It was the biggest division in the competition. They didn't get a top ten place like they had hoped, but they did really well. They placed 20Th, but let me tell you, that is good when you put them up against the teams from Georgia, Texas and Tennessee. The Georgia teams basically swept the entire competition all the way across the board. They are truly amazing!! But our girls held their own. After the competition there was an "after party" at Disney's Animal Kingdom. It was open only to the cheerleaders and their families. I don't know if I have ever been to an after party, but this party was so much fun!! I felt like I was 16 again. I held back at first, tried to be conservative, the responsible chaperon, you know. But then I thought this is once in a lifetime and I was out on the dance floor with my sister and her team. It was sooo fun! I learned a dance called the Cupid Shuffle which is basically a new hip-hop version of the electric slide. They played some old school music from my high school days, you know, House of Pain-JUMP AROUND, I know you know what song I am talking about. And some of the girls thought it was a new song. PLEASE! WE made that song cool!! My thighs were hurting the next day. I don't know how those girls do it. Anyway, my trip was a blast and I am very proud of the Elite Force Cheer squad for their amazing season. The competition will air in April I believe on ESPN and on FOXNW so watch your local listings for times and dates!!

9 Thoughts:

tharker said...

It's so cool that you got to go. Great job Elite Force! I can't wait to watch it when it airs.

Ahh, Jump Around...now those were the days!!! Good for you for letting loose. It feels good just to boogy sometimes!

By the way, I LOVED your dress yesterday! I didn't get a chance to tell you that at church, but it was super cute!

Jan said...

That will be so much fun to watch. Glad you had a terrific time in FL. Sounds like a time to feel 16 again. The pictures are amazing. She can really get up there and has so much flexibility. I am impressed and also alittle sore just looking at them. So glad that you could go and support. It sounds really great. Great sis you are Amy. Did you whole family go?

Heather said...

Fun times. Fun times.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I'm so glad you we got the details on your trip. That's hilarious that they thought that was a new song. So funny!

Kate said...

Jealous......just plain jealous :)
I am glad you had so much fun, what an experience!

Terilyn said...

I love that they did so well and had such a great time doing it! I can't wait to watch it on ESPN. Finally, something to enjoy on that cable channel!
Congratulations on taking your hair down and joining in the fun (and getting a great thigh workout as well!)

MadMadameMim said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Now I have Jump Around stuck in my head.

::lindsay said...

So fun! I love going to those type of things. Glad you could let loose with the girls. I would have been the same way!

AOlson said...

Thanks Tiff! New dress. Had to wear it. I still have yet to check out your new RED shoes!!