Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Karate Kid

Jacob has been taking TKD classes for about 2 months now and he absolutely loves it. He attends Pacific Kicks behind Sonic on Gage. On Friday he tested for his Gold belt and passed. He was very excited. There are nine different belt levels. Anyway, here are some pictures of my little Karate Kid.




We admittedly went out and bought the original Karate Kid movie and made Jacob watch it. He really like it. It brought back old memories. Lindsay's post made me laugh.





This is a picture of him getting ready to be tested to "graduate" from a White belt to a Gold belt. There are Gold belts here as well testing up to Orange belt level.




This picture is of Jacob bowing to the head teacher guy or the "master" after he has passed and being presented a certificate and his new belt. I didn't get a very good angle but it was really neat.

Before they test they need to have their school teacher fill out a sheet about their attitude and personality at school and the parents also have to fill out a sheet. They also want a copy of their report cards to make sure their grades are where they should be. I really liked this.

The next pictures are of the "graduating class" of the month and Jacob wearing his Gold belt for the first time.





We are very proud of him and now he is thinking already of mastering his Gold Belt combinations and earning his Orange Belt. Now I have my own personal body guard!!


*** On a completely different note. I started reading Twilight yesterday and am enjoying it so far. Also here is a picture of the haircut I asked Rebecca to give me. She got it right on. She did a great job, now I just need to learn to style it the way she did!

4 Thoughts:

MadMadameMim said...

love the Karate kid and the hair cut looks awesome! I wish I could see it on you.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Good job on the moves Jacob.
This is funny because I loved the Karate Kid movies and I rented the first one for the kids to watch, they loved it. It makes me happy when a movie that I loved when younger turns out to be one of their favorites too.

tharker said...

Jacob looks so cute! Although I'm sure the last thing he wants to do when he is in Karate is look CUTE ;)

Loved your hair yesterday!!!

Jodi said...

Your kids are super cute Amy! Curious - are you finished with Twilight? What are your feelings about it now? I LOVED them! And I want to see a picture of you with this super cute haircut!