Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's GREAT to be 8!

On Sunday, Jacob was invited to attend the "It's great to be 8" information night that was put on bu our AMAZING Primary Presidency. Thank you very much ladies! Jacob will be 8 in August. Can you believe it? I surly can't. Anyway, it was wonderful. He is so excited now. I think he is more excited for Cub Scouts than anything else, honestly. It was very neat. We went to the Stake Center and they got to "tour" the baptismal font and the changing rooms. We got a check list of things to do before the baptism. It was very informative. I appreciated that because I realized I have no idea what I am doing? From my research I have found that some families make the baptisms big, grand events with slide shows and professional photography, professionally printed invitations, etc. I was way overwhelmed. Then I found that others keep it simple. It's about the baptism, right. Anyway, I find myself now wondering WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO? Any suggestions or ideas?

6 Thoughts:

Heather said...

Uhhh... wait until July to worry about it? That's what I would do, so maybe it's not the best suggestion.

AOlson said...

You're funny Heather. That's EXACTLY what Kevin said!

MadMadameMim said...

Actually the church came out several years ago and asked people not to make such a big hoopla about the baptism or other things like baby blessings, they discourage profesional photography and exstravigant invitations. It should just be all about the baptism. Definatly don't worry till July, unless you want you family to sing a song, then give them time to practice :)! That is so exciting that Jacob is going to be baptised this year, how great!

Debie Spurgeon said...

You know I have come to appreciate scouts since Dallin turned 8 last summer. He absolutely LOVES it and I think Jacob will too. It's really neat to see them in their uniforms and think it's going to be a big part of their life for several years.

Jan said...

I can't believe this Sunbeam is growing up. Oh. What a cutie Amy.

Terilyn said...

Wow, Jacob turns 8 this year! How super exciting for all of you! I can't believe it.
My suggestion is TO start a little early. Have FHE on baptism and take the time to pray about those you'd like to attend that would benefit from feeling the spirit of the baptism of one who chooses to be baptized and knows why. It can be a great experience for a little missionary!
As for the professional stuff - kodak is as professional as I get and thanks to home printers - my HP makes some great invites!