Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I SEE

You might remember this post from a few months ago. Well, the verdict is in and YES, Kayla does need glasses.

Doesn't she look just BEAUTIFUL!!










We had to wait until January for her eye exam because we didn't have vision insurance back in October. We enrolled in November and it went into effect in January. We went to see the nice eye doctor who confirmed what the school thought. I had a HUGE headache because I really didn't think she was going to need them, then they tell you the cost of the frames and lenses. Headache increases. We find out that our new insurance is about the worst insurance in the world, it doesn't cover anything and no one accepts it. Migraine. She tries on a few different frames and I just don't like ANY of them. None of them look right on her cute little face. She falls in love with this HUGE electric purple pair that she thinks she just has to have. I convince her that we need to go home and discuss it with daddy and shop around.


I talk to a few friends and get some advice. We shop around and our last stop is at good old dependable Wal-Mart. We go in and are immediately greeted by the nicest man who helps us and walks me through this whole process. She finds this pair of adorable Hannah Montana purple glasses with pink stars all on her own, tries them on, and we both smile immediately from ear to ear. These were the ones. They were perfect!! Then I thought okay well, lets check out the price. Mr. nice manager dude tell us the price, and can you believe it that they are CHEAPER at Wal-Mart without my insurance, because again, nobody accepts our insurance that doesn't cover anything anyway, than it would be to go to our doctor's office, or any where else using our insurance. I was blown away. We go ahead and order and pay for them, that's how inexpensive they were, and Mr. manager dude says they'll be in in 7 days. We thank him and go home.


Kayla asks everyday, when her glasses are coming in and I keep telling her a few more days, a few more days. Well, can you believe, that only 4 days after we ordered them, Mr. Manager calls us at home and tells us that they are in!! WOW!! This is a better experience than I ever could have imagined. I was a dork, and Kayla is cute and adorable and says that now that she has glasses she wants to be a teacher at Maya Angelou when she grows up.

The funny thing to me though, is she never had that moment that I have heard of kids having where they are like WOW, I can see so much better. She says there is no difference when we read with her glasses on or off. I don't know, I am not a doctor, I am just saying, I really thought she would have that moment. Maybe she still needs time to get used to them. Anyway, so that is our experience with getting new glasses for Kayla:)

16 Thoughts:

meohmyers said...

So cute! She's just adorable! I'm glad you tried Walmart! Sounds like a great deal and friendly service. Kayla's such a cutie in her new glasses!

Kate said...

She looked so pretty on Sunday with her glasses, they fit her so well.

tharker said...

Jake thought it was so cool that Kayla got glasses! He kept telling me all through Sacrament meeting, "Look Mom, Kayla has GLASSES!"

She looks so adorable! Who knew that you could go to WalMart and actually get good service?! That is good to know ;)

PRP said...

She looks freakin' adorable! I love them.

One dash in the "pro" column for Wal-Mart...

Cox Family News said...

Kayla - I love your new glasses! They look great! You look so grown up. I can't wait to see you in person. Now you and Weston have something in common.
Love, Grandma Lorrie

Jodie said...

Kayle does indeed look beautiful!

meand4boyz said...

Don't worry, she probably doesn't realize the difference right now, especially as such a little girl. I didn't realize there was a difference until after I had worn mine for awhile. What a perfect pair of frames for a little girl, can't believe they have Hannah Montana.

Amy said...

Hooray! and yes, she does look beautiful!

Jodi said...

Aw, she looks so cute!!

Going Family said...

Kayla does look so cute in her knew glasses.

Kevan is getting glasses too. They should be coming some time this week. The Dr. said that he doesn't need them when he is reading up close, but needs them to see far away even on the playground to find his friends better. Maybe Kayla doesn't need them up close too.

ab5cgang said...

First she looks very cute. Courtney got reading glasses a couple of years ago and she said there wasn't much difference also. But I think it has helped. Good luck.

Alicia Leppert said...

What a cute girl in glasses! I got glasses at a young age too...I thought it was cool for about five minutes. Hopefully she lasts longer!

Heather said...

They are adorable, and glad that she loves them!

hatch said...

I love little kids who wear glasses. I think it is one of the cutest things ever. I am glad she like them too. She looks adorable!

Kris said...

I'm so glad that you found the exact pair and got them cheaper. That's just awesome. Sorry she can't tell a huge difference. I have glasses too, and I can't tell a huge difference when I wear them and when I don't! She looks adorable!

Brook said...

I think Kayla looks very cute, but older. I don't know if moms want to hear that...