Monday, February 11, 2008

S-P-I-R-I-T

Okay, so this weekend I attended the PacWest Lillac Cup in Spokane. It's a cheer and dance competition. My baby sister, Ashley, who is 16 years old, is on the Elite Force Cheer squad at MCGA. Let me tell you for those of you who don't know me very well . . . I LOVE CHEER & DANCE!! I was a cheerleader in high school, but I went to Warden High School and there is no glory in cheering for a 'B' school. I always had high aspirations but they never amounted to anything more than dreams.





My sister Ahsley on the other hand, totally ROCKS!! She is awesome! I totally live my cheerleading dreams through her. Just look at her, she is AMAZING!! They got 1st place in their division and they also received Grand Champions of the competition.






Needless to say, I am so extrememly proud of her. Not only is she an amazing athlete but she is very academic, too. She is my hero in so many ways. She is very well rounded for a youth growing up in these times of total pressure and temptation.




So anytime I see a cheer and dance competion on television I sit and watch and critique everything they do. I love it! My sister doesn't always like it because when I watch their routine I say things like, "You need to point your toe", or "You need to squeeze that pyramid", but she likes that at the same time. I go to as many practices as I can and just help to give her advice and pointers.




The most exciting thing is that they have qualified for Nationals in Florida. Oh yeah, by the way, I GET TO GO!! YEAH ME!! It's the 6th to the 10th of March. My mom and I are going. HELLO!! I AM SO EXCITED!! It also happens to be my birthday on the 8th of March so double bonus. Total dream come true, spending my birthday at Disney World attending a cheer competition!! Pinch me!! I will definately share those pictures with all when I get back. I will also let you all know when the competition airs on ESPN!! Here is a sneak peak. I know they drop a few stunts but they are still awesome!

9 Thoughts:

Jan said...

Wow. She is amazing. I am exhausted just looking at the pics.
Thanks Amy. Your sis rocks.

Heather said...

She looks awesome, but I'm sure you were just as awesome at W-A-R-D-E-N!!

Debie Spurgeon said...

That is sooooo fabulous. A vacation, with fun people. to a fun place to watch something you love. Does is get any better??? Congratulations to your sister. Are they going to broadcast the competition?

tharker said...

I live out my glory days as a Bomber cheerleader while watching these competitions too. I am amazed at the things these girls can do.

Your sister looks awesome!

Please just pack me away in one of your suitcases. I don't take up much room...

Ms. Kristen said...

You are the traveling girl! Mexico and now....Florida! Amazing! I could totally see you as a cheerleader!

Lee said...

Amy that is awesome!! Cheering is oh so fun. I cheered for a B school too.

Lee said...

And Amy email me at lee1201@msn.com I will send you a link to my blog. I keep meaning to get your email.

Terilyn said...

Ashley is awesome! It takes so much energy and strength to be a High School Athlete!
FYI - I've tagged you! Go to my site to understand "what your next step should be!"

::lindsay said...

Your sister is awesome! I love watching cheerleading competitions!