Friday, February 8, 2008

The Sun will come out . . .

So I need a little kick in the rear to get myself back to me again. I am having the winter blues so bad. I feel lazy all the time. I don't want to do ANYTHING. Not even sit in front of the computer. I can feel the smile slowly slipping off my face each day. My clothes keep getting bigger and baggier, not because I am losing weight but because I seem to keep wearing my lazy/comfortable clothes. Even taking a shower seems like such a chore. Why do my hair? It's so windy outside it'll just get messed up and if I am not going anywhere then who is going to see it? I know I am rubbing off on the kids too. I need to shake this blah feeling that I have had for about a month now. Kevin says lets go out, but I don't want to take the kids to my moms house and go out in this yucky weather and then pick them up later that evening when it's colder and windier. Wow!! I am so negative and boring/lazy. So any words of inspiration that could kick me in the toosh and get me smiling again ( I haven't cracked a smile the whole time I have been typing this post) would be very welcomed and appreciated!!
P.S. What better way to get a smile on your face than attending a cheer competition!! My little sister is on the Elite Force All Star cheer team and is competing this weekend in Spokane. I completely forgot until Kayla just reminded me! Yeah me!! I am happy already.

9 Thoughts:

Heather said...

Uhhh. You have GOT to take Kevin up on the date! Seriously.

Your mom would probably be willing to come over to your house if she knew what a grump you were. (ok I'm totally kidding on that one, sort of) :)

::lindsay said...

Ooh! I love me a good cheer competition! I miss my dancing days...

tharker said...

You could bring your kids over to my house...ya know since you are A BLOCK AWAY! Then you could go on that date, and you wouldn't have to drive far to pick them up.

I. Am. Serious.

And I want to go to a cheer competition. There's nothing like reliving the glory days.

Jan said...

Amy, the springtime is right around the corner and you'll be so glad to see life appear again. Who cares about baggy pants and undone hair in this weather anyways. That is simply homemakers winter wear in my book.

Debie Spurgeon said...

There's nothing like a fun weekend to cheer a person up. I am convinced though that the sunshine makes me happy: can't wait for a little warmth to go along with it.

MadMadameMim said...

Amy in all seriuosness from my point of view you may be struggling with the whole adjustment to staying home thing on top of winter. I say make your self go out even when you don't feel like it, it will make you feel better. Take the kids to the library story time, get some friends to go to B&N with you to have a treat let the kids play with the train and check out a new good book. There is also the Columbia gym free time every friday (or at least they used to do that). That is my advice because I know I struggle with the stay at home thing, especially in the winter. And the switch can be a hard transition. and definatly go out on that date, maybe even with some friends, do something you really love and go to the temple.
Sorry if that is more than you were looking for but I struggle a lot and I don't like to hear about other people going through it. I hope it gets better, and if I over spoke just ignore me :)!

MadMadameMim said...

I hope your weekend went well. If you need a laugh check this out, don't forget to read the comments they are as funny as the posts most of the time http://missnemesis.blogspot.com/

AOlson said...

Thank you all so much for the pep talks! I am feeling much better! We went ot the Temple Friday night and had a great time.

Tiffany D I think you may have hit it on the nose about the whole adjusting to staying home full time thing. Thanks. You are a genius.

Anonymous said...

encoders gastrid approvalss ktud alcon dgeneric wish gold suitably pacts quotations
lolikneri havaqatsu