Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Joining THE Pack

Along with all of the many wonderful things that have happened to my little Jacob this past month, this has got to be one of his favorites.










It's official. Meet the newest member of Pack 149. How CUTE is he?!?! I didn't have so much fun ironing on all of the patches but after seeing him all dressed up it was SO worth it. Kayla couldn't resist getting in on the pictures. She is such a ham sometimes (I have no idea where she gets it from).

Kevin Richard has lots of fond memories of scouting. Kevin remembers most that his Grandpa Richard Cox was the Scout Master. He really loved scouting with his Grandpa. I hope that Jacob Richard will do his Great-Grandpa proud.

We are really looking forward to helping Jacob achieve all of his different rankings. I don't really know anything about the program so this will be a learning experience for me. He is growing up way too fast, I hope I can keep up with him.

9 Thoughts:

Kris said...

How exciting. I know that is something that Tyler is looking forward to the most. Turning 8 is so exciting. He looks great Amy. Way to go with the uniform too!

Jodi said...

He looks so handsome in his scout shirt. And you're so good about ironing his patches on. My boys patches keep falling off. I'm going to have to sew them on.

tharker said...

Jacob looks awesome! I'm sure he is going to have such a good time.

I had no idea that the patches were now iron on! Woo-hoo!!!

Lisa said...

SOO cute!!! We haven't even got Easton a shirt yet. But he is super excited about scouts too.

I will have to get our wii number to you. Don't you just love Mario Kart? That and Mario Galaxy are probably my favorites.

AOlson said...

Tiff- The patches are not TECHNICALLY iron-ons. I bought some pathc glue at the craft store that makes them stick really well. I used it on Jake's TKD uniform and it has been throughthe wach a hundred times and the patches stay strong!!!


Lisa- Just an FYI I think that Julie or Cami have an extra shirt. I had already bought Jacob's and they said they had one to give. Check with them. I am glad that the boys get to do scouts together!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Boys LOVE scouting. You'll catch on to the program quickly, especially since now you are totally den mother material, watch out.

Ms. Kristen said...

Hey debi....she is staying in Achievment days for now!!

Amy, I saw the cutest thing today when I picked up my kids at school. Jake had a candybar from his teacher and Kayla wanted a bite~ Jake gave Kayla a bite, ofcourse~ So like Jake....giving and sweet to his sister~
Thought mom would like to know~!

Nicole said...

go get yourself some badge magic - it's at the scout store - and, it's amazing! You stick it in the dryer to set it. No iron needed. whoo hoo!

Scouting is confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it. Ty LOVES it!

AOlson said...

Thanks Nicole! i will definatley get me some of that!!!

Kristen - Thank you for that comment. It's nice to know that they are nice to each other when I am not watching!