Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Memorable Moments

Today, after I dropped Kayla off at school, Kelsie and I headed to the Temple. Kevin's cousin, Josh, is leaving for his mission and some of Kevin's family went to the Temple with him this morning. I wasn't able to arrange for a sitter for Kelsie so I could attend the session, so instead we went over there and walked the grounds together for a while until the family came out from the session. This was Kelsie's first time to the Temple.
When we pulled in to the parking this was our conversation:
Kelsie: "We go church mommy?'
Me: "No, we are going to the Temple."
Kelsie:" "Temple mommy?"
Me: "Yes, the Temple."
Kelsie: "Oh."
As we are walking towards the Temple and up the steps and around the grounds:
Kelsie: "Ooo Temple pitty mommy."
Me: "Yes, it is very beautiful isn't it."
Kelsie: "Yes, bootifuu."
Kelsie: "Flawers pitty mommy."
Me: "Yes, they are pretty. Just like you."
Kelsie: "Same like me mommy?"
Me: "Just like you Kelsie."
Kelsie: "Water nice mommy, it's told(cold). I like water."
Kelsie: "Nice door mommy. Me go inside."
Me: "No, we can't go inside today, but someday we can."
Kelsie: "You go wif me mommy."
Me: "Yes, Kelsie, I will go inside the Temple with you."
Kelsie: "Tank you mommy."
Me: "I love you Kelsie."
Kelsie: "Me love you too mommy."

10 Thoughts:

Kris said...

So, So, Precious. Loved this conversation.

Todd and Shana said...

That is too sweet!

Heather said...

And what a great day it will be! Glad you two could share that moment.

Unknown said...

Oh, how sweet it is!

tharker said...

What a great moment. How great for her to be there and feel the beauty and the peace of the temple.

::lindsay said...

Very sweet conversation!

Debie Spurgeon said...

What sweetness. Memorable moments for sure. Kelsie could have come and played with Britton, and maybe taught him a few verbal skills, he doesn't say much.

Terilyn said...

Such a sweet conversation. Even as they get older, you'll continue to have these sweet conversations. Although then you might not be able to decipher what was said?

Yo, up on the thang that I type, dog?

See - like that! Welcome to my world!

Amy said...

So sweet! I love the things kids say!

AOlson said...

Wow, Terilyn. I was giving myself so much credit for "transalting" two-year-old dialect. I think you have got me beat if you can translate teenage dialect. You will have to give me lessons some day I guess!!