Friday, May 16, 2008

Okay, I admit it!!

We have come full circle. Screaming girls, catchy tunes, hysteria, posters, over sized buttons, TAPES, bed sheets, the list goes on and on. My bedroom was covered from wall to wall and my entire bedding ensemble as well. Various t-shirts and every tape ever made was mine. "What in the world are you talking about Amy?" Yes, I am talking about the one and only, original heartthrobs, my first real crush on a celebrity, NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!!! YES, I did just go there!! I know, some of you are thinking I am nuts for posting this and admitting to my teenage obsession. Some of you may even cease association with me and ban your children from playing with mine, but I have to admit that I am so excited about their reunion tour and the new album.



I DVR'd their performance on the Today Show this morning and I totally forgot about it. Then at about lunch time I remembered that I had done so, so I curiously pushed play and watched it. I was not disappointed! I was like a 15 year old girl all alone in my living room this afternoon singing all of the songs and remembering the dance steps. It was so much fun!! I don't think I am alone in this am I? There were thousands of women, yes I said women, not girls, at the Today show who had made the trek to see their first performance in 15 years. One woman had a sign that read "30 year old mothers in CA love the new kids on the block". It was so funny to see all of them going crazy!!

So, my cousins and I have made a pact that we are going to go and see them perform when they come to Seattle in November. We were able to see them in concert 3 times when we were teenagers and we thought it would be a fun trip for us all to take together again. They have a new song out that I think will become pretty popular with the real teenagers today.

Anyway, I got teased so bad in school by some of those HATERS out there who weren't fans. I didn't care then and I don't care now! So, all you NKOTB fans and non-fans alike, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts and opinions!! I still think they have THE RIGHT STUFF (sorry, I had to do that!)

8 Thoughts:

tharker said...

Oh yeah baby! I totally got made fun of for my NKOTB folders that filled my Trapper Keeper.

I missed the Today show today, I'll have to see if I can find a clip on Today's website.

Reunited and it feels so good!!!

Debie Spurgeon said...

I was too old by the time this band did their thing. I was a Duran Duran fan, actually their #1 fan. I have to agree with you that reminiscing and listening to those songs you love bring about some great feelings of nostalgia.

Bring on anything 80's for me.

Heather said...

I admire that you are so committed. I was like in 5th grade... so I liked them, but wasn't a devoted fan.

Todd and Shana said...

OM Gosh! One of my funniest memories is when we talked the bus driver into playing Hangin Tough on tape! We were all back there with our hands in the air singin along! My in-laws also have video of Todd doing a lipsync (he says he was making fun) of "I'll be loving you forever". Hilarious!

hatch said...

Oh I had no idea about any of this! I loved the NKOTB. My girl friends and I were obsessed with them. They were the first concert I ever went to. Oh the memories.

This is the first I have heard of their reunion!

BTW if you wondering who I am. I am Dylan's mom Dylan and Jacob went to Mrs. Hughes preschool together.

Jan said...

So funny Amy. You have a blast. Who cares what others think. We all have hidden favs that we get made fun of.. They look really good now.

Ms. Kristen said...

Too old for them....but I, like Debi loved Duran Duran and Billy Idol!
BUt...I have always loved boy bands!

MadMadameMim said...

So I was too young, at least in my house. We weren't aloud to listen to the radio. So you know, we all have things to be embarrased about. But Knew Kids huh? I'll have to put that in my pocket to chuckle over, kidding!