Monday, May 5, 2008

What was I thinking!!

On Friday, something possessed me to join the gym. Can you believe it! I wanted to do something for myself and my naked silhouette in the mirror is not as attractive as it could be. I want to be as active and "in-shape" as I used to be. I went in on Friday, signed up and started right then!! It was so EASY!! 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes on circuit then 15 minutes on the treadmill. Piece of Cake!!! I felt SO good. I was all sweaty and out of breath, it was great. Then I woke up Saturday morning. Do I need to continue. I was sore, needless to say, but I was able to function pretty well. Then, I woke up Sunday morning. OH MY GOODNESS!! SO SORE!! I could not believe how bad my muscles hurt. It was so hard not to waddle through the church. It was very hard to sit with my legs crossed during the meetings. Then I got home and I felt even worse. I don't remember ever feeling so sore in my life. Guess what? I am going back today!! I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning!!

6 Thoughts:

Heather said...

Sore = goodness later on.

Good for you, although you shouldn't have paid to join. I have a perfectly good membership you could have "borrowed" during my pregnancy. :)

tharker said...

Yeah, the soreness from the workout is no good, but feeling like you did when you were younger...priceless! Of course, I haven't felt like that in a very long time. Maybe I'll "borrow" Heather's membership!

Debie Spurgeon said...

Good for you.

I am in no way familar with that soreness. I need to do better.

You're an inspiration, go for it!!

Jan said...

Way to go Amy girl. That is a worthwhile thing.

MadMadameMim said...

I love a good sorness after a great workout. Good for you. It is so worth it. I love to work out it makes me a better person in so many ways.

Jodi said...

I miss that sore feeling Amy! Good for you! I have totally been planning on joining a gym again - I just need to talk Mick into budgeting it into our spending again. :)