Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jacob "Breaking it Down" Part 2

Did you see that video?!?! I can't even begin to tell you how fun and exciting it was to watch him do that. I was so scared and nervous at first, I didn't want him to get hurt. His instructors were absolutely awesome!! They were so good with the kids. I have to admit, I honestly didn't think he was going to actually break the boards. I thought he would attempt to but I really never thought he would actually do it. What a good mom I am, right.

When we signed him up for the class we had to decide how many boards we wanted to buy for him. All of the other parents were buying eight, so we bought eight. The instructor suggested twenty and I thought are you nuts!! No way. We, or rather Jacob, had never done anything like this before. Now looking back, I wish I had bought him more boards to break. Maybe next time. Yes, I said next time. Apparently Jacob really enjoyed the adrenaline rush that he got from this class and can't wait for the next one. He said that next time he wants to try to break scallops (cement). YIKES!! His instructor thinks he can do it. I think he can too!!


Since we got home he has been trying to break EVERYTHING!!!! He got to bring home his broken boards and has been trying to break them again. I was so proud of him. We had a blast watching our little man do such big man things. I think I even saw a tear out of the corner of Kevin's eye. He claims it was the saw dust, yeah right!

If you are considering putting your kids in martial arts, DO IT!! I am so glad Jacob asked us if he could give it a try. It has been such a confidence builder for him.

Good Job Jacob!














9 Thoughts:

Amy said...

That was crazy! Maybe I will put Sean in martial arts when he gets old enough. Good job Jacob!

::lindsay said...

That was awesome! Carson thought it was like the coolest thing ever! I think Jacob may have inspired Carson to sign up for Karate.

Kris said...

Seriously, that is so cool. It's like he's a Mini Karate Kid in the making. My whole family was around the computer watching. Tyler was impressed too. Way to go Jacob.

Terilyn said...

That really was awesome! Jacob is super!!
Great video mom!

Jodi said...

Oh CRAP! I totally missed your Scentsy party. How did it go? And I am so impressed with Jacob! That's awesome!!! Way to go!

Jan said...

Go Jacob. Oh yah. He is very good.

dots said...

CRAZY!! And he didn't break anything when doing that huh? Way to go Jacob!

MadMadameMim said...

That was so awesome. My oldest wants to get into this, and give the insanity that is are crazy long winters around here, I'm thinking an indoor sport might be just what the mother ordered.

Cox Family News said...

I'm sure this is the Olson side coming out in him. Ha Ha
Congratulations Jacob. I want you with me if I ever get attacked!
Grandma Olson