Monday, October 13, 2008

OUR Friday Night Lights

The Olson Family typical Friday night at this time of year usually includes sitting down at Lampson Stadium watching the Southridge Suns play football. We have done it for YEARS! Why? you may ask. Neither of us attended school in the Tri-Cities and Southridge wasn't even built when we were high school age!! Yikes! The reason is that my sister, Lisa, graduated from there in 2002 and my youngest sister, Ashley, is a Senior there now. Besides my sisters going there, we know lots of families and youth who go there from when Kevin and I were in the Kennewick East Stake and attended the old 14th ward. It's fun to go and watch all of these kids who I use to be a primary teacher for and now they are taller than me (I know that's not hard) but they are so grown up. So anyway, that is why you can often catch our family at Southridge events.

This past Friday night took the cake of ALL games I have ever had the pleasure of attending. Why? Was it because the opponent was Pasco? It was a very good game. We have friends on both sides so that made it even more fun to watch. Both teams played so well and there were so many exciting moments. In the end it was a 10-7 Southridge victory, but that wasn't why it was so fun to watch. This was why is was so fun:









This is Kayla's first official performance on a field. She's the one with the pink gloves on. She was SO excited. The wonderful girl in front of her instructing the little girls is my sister, Ashley. It was so awesome to not only watch Kayla out there, but to see both Kayla and my little sister out there together. It was a proud moment for our little family.



This is video of the SHS Dance team, Heatwave, performing (See video up above. Coudn't get it to post here for some reason!). They are simply awesome. They also happen to be three time State Champs in dance and are trying for a fourth title this year. The SHS Dance team also has the AWESOME privilege of going to HAWAII to dance in the PRO BOWL in February. Isn't that awesome! I wish I could go with them!!




So there you have it. This was OUR Friday Night Under the Lights!!



6 Thoughts:

Amy said...

So fun! I miss going to football games. Kayla is so cute! And that's awesome that she could perform with your sister!

tharker said...

Kayla is so dang cute! I just love that girl.

Kris said...

How fun for her to dance with her aunt. That's just awesome. I love me some high school football games. Kayla does a great job in this video. What a fun night for her.

Debie Spurgeon said...

So cute. How fun for Kayla to be there with her aunt. You guys must be die hard fans, these evenings are getting chilly.

Shauna said...

How awesome :)

Jodi said...

I love watching football games too. And I grew up in Kennewick East Stake and went to Kennewick High, but I'm all for Pasco now. Well, I'll cheer for both.